Thursday, June 17, 2010

YouTube Thursday: Modified Saber Grip

For all you cool kids out that that want to get better at fighting, here's a excellent place to start. The modified saber grip is excellent for boffer combat, because it gives you the control of the saber grip, but also protects your forearm from getting hit. The downside to this grip is the chance for your thumb getting hurt from the force on a weapon, but for lightest touch games like NERO and Alliance, you shouldn't have to worry about that.

I will note I played for years without using a saber grip (I used a hammer grip), and it took nearly breaking my thumb from hand matching that I learned to use this grip. It really does help control your shots and protect your sword arm.

Courtesy of Brennon and Spyn, two of the premier fighters in Amtgard and partners of Warlord Sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment