Friday, October 14, 2011

YouTube Friday: The Invasion of Games

Anyone who knows me knows that I totally dig the theories behind gaming and game design. Today's video is a little old, but it's still totally awesome. And for the astute reader, you might recognize the name Jesse Schell from an earlier post (or you can just follow the link).

This is from the DICE Summit (Design, Innovate, Communicate, Entertain) in 2010. It's another one of those marvelous conventions for innovation in gaming, held by the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences (AIAS). LOVE THOSE ACRONYMS.

So gaming has changed a ton in the past 10 years, but have you really tracked what's happened in the past 2 years? Jesse talks about how invasive games have become in our culture and can be found everywhere. I found that final part that talks about what it will be like in the future was most appealing.



Part 2

Part 3

1 comment:

  1. Hey all,
    NW Ohio LARPER for around a decade, though I've grown accustomed to missing events over the last few years.

    I was wondering if anyone knew people in the Bowling Green or Toledo area interested in LARP, and especially in the RP aspect. One of the reasons I burnt out of Dagorhir (despite it's immense popularity here) is that it started feeling more and more like going through the motions and lost it's grip on me.
    I'm currently working with a local Amtgard group to get activities going, but a full schoolwork load at BGSU and a full time job are dulling the momentum.

    I've never made it to a NERO or offshoot, due to various factors, but am looking into them, and I was a participant in Ohio Live Adventure when it ran, and loved that game more than you can imagine.

    ReplyDelete